Marketing and PR Tactics and Helps for Small Business Owners
We’ve been blogging for a long time. We’ve focused on creating content that resonates, answers questions and helps you with your public relations. It’s our sincere goal to give back to the very types of businesses who help support us.
What do we write about?
We share tips, strategies and how-to articles that help owners of small businesses compete with large businesses. Through our content, we help you achieve your goals and become a more informed business manager.
If you want to up your game and improve your skills, master the tactics and strategies in each of these articles.
Our top ten most frequently read blog posts are:
- When to Send a Media Alert Rather Than a Press Release: A media alert or advisory is a critical component of your public relations strategy. Learn more about when to send one and what they contain.
- A Rant: Why I May Ignore Your Social Media Invitation: Don’t ignore a basic rule of social media etiquette. How often have you invited someone to Link, Follow or Friend without reminding the person how you are connected?
- New Hire Announcements and Press Releases: Your public relations strategy should include regular new hire press releases for media outlets in your industry, community and association. Learn how to write one.
- Blue Sky Thinking and Innovation: Blue sky thinking is more than just pie in the sky. It’s critical to innovation. Read our insights about how to cultivate it in your firm.
- Pros and Cons of Using a PayPal Button: What are the pros and cons of using a PayPal button rather than a full e-commerce solution? Our post helps you comprehend when a simple button works better.
- Ten low cost marketing and PR tactics that work: What low cost marketing tactics have small business owners used to gain new business? Here is a list of 10 tested tactics.
- Marketing and Public Relations Recommendations for Every Business: Learn which six marketing and public relations activities will be critical to your business success. Master the 6 tactics that will make a difference.
- Cognitive and gender bias in advertising: images are powerful, to be used with care: Images in advertising can sustain a bias or confirm a stereotype. Using images to tell a story, and avoid bias can forge new ways of acting and thinking.
- What Does it Mean to Take Your Business to the Next Level?: Want to take your biz to the next level? Use these insights to identify what the next level is, and what it is going to take to get there. Strategy matters.
- PR Important Dates and Holidays: Planning your PR and marketing around national holidays, wacky holidays and observances gives you an opportunity use creativity in your promotions and events.