There are many things you can do to make your business’s website work for you rather than against you. An article from American Express OpenForum shares several key tactics that will help you makeover your website from a static brochure web site to a customer-centric lead generating platform.
“Your website is a huge budget-friendly untapped resource that you’ve been ignoring for too long. Maybe you haven’t had the time to invest or maybe you’re just convinced that your customers don’t use your website to make their buying decisions because your product is so technical.”
We know the following things must be in place for a website to be a good asset for your company:
- Visually Interesting Design: Not all websites are graphically interesting. Some sites try to cram too much information on a page, leaving no clear path for your eyes. Spend some time understanding what makes for an intriguing site or hire a qualified web designer. If you are on a limited budget, you can use templates.
- Clear Navigation & Consistent User-Interface: Is the “Home” tab or button in the same place on every page? Do some top-level items contain content and some not? Your website users have the right to expect a consistent experience without having to figure out where things are.
- A Content Management System (CMS): Ability to modify content or add pages as needed. We use WordPress.org open source software. It’s now the most preferred CMS in the world.
- Social Sharing Tools: 65% of Americans are active in social media. For many businesses, it is a great way to keep up with customers.
- Customer-centric & Intriguing Content: It’s not all about you all the time. Really. It’s about your customers. Write your content to address their needs and help them understand how your services will solve them.
- Conversion Forms: Sign-up now and receive…You’ve seen them on many sites, but they are great at causing prospective customers to provide their contact information allowing you to follow up with them.
- A Blog: Your blog must be part of your website. Integrated within the site and it must be updated regularly.
And if you want to talk over any of these ideas, we’ll gladly provide an analysis of your current website and help you comprehend how the 9 recommendations in the article can improve your business to business website.
Go read the other 9 tips that can tell you How To Transform Your B2B Website Into A Customer Magnet : Technology :: American Express OPEN Forum.