Your WordPress media library is where your site’s images and multi-media files may be stored. This post continues our basic video tutorials on various aspects of using a self-hosted WordPress media library. This lesson covers how to drag and drop images into the Media Library as well as edit them with the tools in WordPress.
Simple WordPress Media Library Tips
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Select the Media Library > Add New option.
- Navigate to your stored image on your computer or drag and drop the image from it’s location on your computer to the “drag and drop zone” on the screen.
- Set Title and Alt tags using plain English and your keywords and phrases for the image. It’s imperative that you give your file a name and that you set your alt tags for the images. Read more on using alt tags in images.
- Scale the image if necessary. We generally prefer to do this outside of WordPress and you may use this Picasa video tutorial to help you learn how to use Picasa to edit images. There are basic image editing tools within WordPress. However, you should never upload an image that is far too large for your post or page. The video below (in this article) covers how to use WordPress media library editing tools.
- Save your changes.
- Use your image in posts and pages.