Original well-written blog posts are part of your content marketing & public relations plan
Authoring new blog posts for your self-hosted WordPress blog is a critical component of an ongoing content marketing plan.
Your blog posts must set your company apart, helping your site’s visitors answer questions, gather information, or make a purchase.
Why writing high-quality blog posts matters
With the changes that Google has made to their search algorithms, it is imperative that your site has fresh, original, relevant, helpful content that induces your site visitors to stay on your site. Relevance of page content to primary site topic, time on site and relevant links inbound to your site are all required to rank well. Google is all about helping people searching the web find the most useful information in the quickest way.
Since each of us want to achieve these goals, start by authoring interesting blog posts.
Your blog posts must be:
- Customer focused
- Pertinent to your business and customer’s needs
- Well written and interesting to read
- Well organized using proper structure, including a blog title, subheads, images with proper alt text and author link attribution
- Include hyperlinks to pages within your website and when necessary, offsite links to relevant sites and sources
- Illustrated to add visual interest and further understanding.
While this may seem to be a chore, when done regularly, you will find each step in authoring a successful post becoming second nature. And if done well, you’ll soon find that you’ll have new leads, new customers who are qualified for the services and products your firm offers.
Use our Blog Development Check List to help make sure you’ve completed all of these steps.