On Thursday, July 12, 2012, HubSpot and Dan Zarrella hosted an inbound marketing webinar focused on the science of inbound marketing. Dan’s data gathered from may sources helped attendees see the value of using strategic insight and information to improve performance.
I’ve captured a few of the many slides with Dan’s information and am sharing them with you here.
A few key insights that rang my chimes are:
- Email frequency increases don’t always cause unsubscribes
- Strong SEO in organic is more trusted than pay per click
- Do not ask for age on your forms as this leads to lower conversions
- Leads fall off from landing pages where people think a sales person will call if they provide their information
- Email sent early in the day gets highest click through rates
- Emails sent on the weekends had a higher click-through rate than those during the week
- First name personalization in email subject lines do better
Read more of these insights in HubSpot’s Twitter stream