Writing WordPress posts is simple
Do you have a self-hosted WordPress website? If you are like many people, you’re not taking advantage of the content management system you have. You’re probably not blogging regularly. Regular blogging benefits your website and brand in many ways, most especially your search engine rankings.
12 tips to easy WordPress post creation
The keys to quick and easy post creation are:
- Choose to write a post on one of the primary topics for your site.
- Write your post off-line using a word processing program or even Google Drive.
- Log into your WordPress site.
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Select > Posts > New Posts
- When you get the blank post, add your title first, making sure it is keyword rich.
- Copy and past the blog post you’ve previously written into the editing window, using the “Paste from Word” or “Paste as text” tools to remove extraneous formatting. Be sure to add subheads to break up long sections of text and guide your readers through the post.
- Preview your post.
- Add selected images by dragging and dropping into the post and titling the image with a keyword rich title, giving the image a keyword rich alternate text, and then setting your alignment parameters, and setting whether you want the image to link to the file source or to an external URL. Finally, choose insert image into post.
- Tick the appropriate category box for the post
- Add tags to the post. Tags are micro-categories that help describe the additional elements of the post other than top level ideas.
- Review the post and when satisfied, click publish. And if you find an oops, go back and re-edit and update the post.